One of the “luxuries” I had before all this quarantine was going to the salon to do my nails. Now I have to make some magic, especially because I have zero skills for doing nails. Really, I suck! But I had to do something.
I ordered a dipping powder starter kit from Amazon and watched tons of tutorials on Youtube. After a lot of research and testing I feel comfortable sharing with you my dipping powder nail process. I’m not perfect at it, but I’m getting decent results so far.
What you need to start
My starter kit came with almost everything I need:
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- Brush Saver
- Soft Brush
- 4 dipping powder bottles in different colours
These are the basics but you’re still going to need rubber alcohol to clean your nails before the process and a nail buffer.
SOME GOOD KIT OPTIONS
Step by Step
It’s a lot of steps but they’re kinda simple and easy. So you shouldn’t take too long doing it. Once you get it right you do it in a blink.
- Cut and file the nails as you want. You can push or cut your cuticles as you normally do.
- Buff your nails and apply rubber alcohol. It’s important to remove all oil from the nails.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat to 3/4 of the nail’s surface.
- Dip your nail into the powder on a 45º angle.
- Tap your finger to release the excess powder and then brush it.
- Do the same with all of your nails. Repeat it twice again but with the entire nail.
- Apply the activator
- File the surface of your nails until you get it smooth (don’t worry, you’re not ruining your nails). Wash your hands (water only).
- Apply another layer of activator and wait 30 seconds.
- Apply a thin layer of top coat and you’re done!
After the process don’t forget to clean your base coat, top coat and activator brushes with the brush saver.
As soon as you apply the base coat, clean the nail/finger edges with a stick to prevent it getting on your skin, then you dip your finger into the powder. It’s really hard to clean your skin after it’s dry.
Try to apply really thin layers as your nails can get too thick.
SOME COLOURS I WANNA TRY
NEW ARRIVALS AT MY BOUTIQUE
🛍 ABOUT MY BOUTIQUE 🛍
⭐️I personally pick all the items.
⭐️There’s no mass-buying, that’s why you get unique clothes.
⭐️I own one of each item and I wear them before getting approved to be at the store.
🇨🇦We ship from Toronto to anywhere 🌎
👉Shop new arrivals here